1. This is a classless addressing scenario (VLSM-CIDR), so you need a classless routing protocol. For this lab use RIPv2.
2. The lab topology has discontiguous networks, so you will need to disable RIP auto-summary.
4. R2 needs to tell the other routers about its default route.
5. R2's Fast Ethernet 0/1 interface should be passive.
6. Use passive-interface in order to not send routing updates to the LANs.
7. The ISP router should not use RIP, but instead use three static routes, two of the static routes should be summary routes.
8. The routers with DCE interfaces should have the clock rate set to 64000
9. The router's serial DTE interfaces should have the first usable ip address in the network and the DCE interfaces should have the second usable ip address in the network.
10. All router LAN interfaces should have the first usable address in the network.
11. All PCs should have the x.x.x.10 host ip address.
12. Configure hostnames on all of the routers.
RIP CommandsR2(config)#router rip
R2(config-router)#version 2 //change to RIP version 2
R2(config-router)#no auto-summary //turn off default route summarization
R2(config-router)#network //advertises a connected network to neighboring RIP routers
R2(config-router)#default-information originate //distribute a default route to neighboring RIP routers
R2(config-router)#passive-interface //stops RIP from advertising routes out of an interface
Packet Tracer Graded Exercise
|< Prev||Next >|